Lifetime Achievement Award
Description of the Award
To receive the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Concrete Sawing & Drilling Association, one must have rendered outstanding service to the sawing and drilling industry and the Association. Only one person will receive the award each year. An award does not have to be given every year. Awards are not given posthumously.
Each nominee must meet at least four of the following criteria:
• Worked in the sawing and drilling industry for at least 25 years
• Served at least eight years as an Officer, Board member or a committee member
• Served as chairperson of at least two committees
• Will have made one or more significant contributions to the advancement of the sawing and
• Will have made one or more significant contributions to the advancement of the Association
• Achieved outstanding business eminence of special significance to the sawing and drilling industry or to the Association
Any member of the Association can submit a nomination to the Election Committee, provided the person making the initial nomination has no direct affiliation with the nominee. The completed nomination form must be included. The biography in the form must show a chronological progress to establish 25 years in the industry. The Election Committee will assume responsibility for verifying information. Nominations must be received by June 30 of every year.
The Election Committee will review the nominations and submit a list of nominees to the Board of Directors. The nomination must include separate petitions from a simple majority of the Board of Directors showing support for the nominee. The Board of Directors will vote and select a winner by a simple majority. In case of a tie, the Executive Director will vote.
The winner will be announced prior to the Annual Convention and will receive an award and free convention registration for himself or herself and a guest. The award will be presented at the convention.