Sawing & Drilling 201: Operator Certification Course
When: Fall 2022
Where: St. Pete College, Clearwater, FL
Member Pricing: TBD
Non-Member Pricing: TBD
The 201 certification courses allow operators to become certified in one, two or all of the disciplines. The custom course offerings provide classroom and hands-on instruction covering slab sawing/core drilling, wall/hand/chain sawing and wire sawing. These courses are geared towards experienced operators who want to gain top-notch proficiency and productivity in these disciplines
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Experienced operators who want to expand on their knowledge and skills.
- Experienced operators who want to advance in their company.
- Review of basic and advanced instruction of the application and components of the sawing systems including set-up, cutting techniques, troubleshooting, equipment maintenance and power supplies
- Discussion of what constitutes a professional operator
- Advanced concrete and diamond tool technology
- Troubleshooting diamond tool problems
- Safe work practices
These 201 courses evaluate and tests the operator’s level of proficiency in the discipline of Wall Sawing. Operators who successfully complete written and practical exams are issued a certificate of achievement and a Certified Operator’s I.D. card appropriate to the course taken. Certification lasts for a two-year period and can be renewed.
- Three years field experience (1 year = 1,500 hours)
- An unrestricted driver’s license
- Completion & Passing of the online Cutting Edge Course
- Completion of the OSHA 10Hr Construction Safety Course
- Completion of the CSDA Sawing & Drilling 101 Course or taken company equivalent training. Company equivalent training must be verified with training committee chair; contact the CSDA Office for more details.
St. Pete College, Clearwater Campus
2464 Drew St.
Clearwater, FL 33765
WHAT TO WEAR
Appropriate work clothes and steel toes work boots.
WHAT TO BRING
Safety glasses, ear protection, hard hat, rain gear, steel toed work boots and a tape measure along with paper and pencil.
We understand that situations arise that may require a change of plans. If you are unable to attend a course for which you are registered, please contact the CSDA office as soon as possible. Substitution of participants is permissible any time prior to the start of a particular course. If no substitutes can be scheduled, CSDA, in order to cover costs associated with processing cancellations, assesses a cancellation fee of $75.00 per course. Cancellations must be requested at least 72 hours before the start of the course.